Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.links
No Name

Default Web Site Lookup

Folks:

I have a simple 1-column Excel spreadsheet containing the ticker symbols of
a variety of stocks.
Now, manually I can go to a website
(http://www.briefing.com/Investor/Pri...gsCalendar.htm) &
individually type in these ticker symbols then wait for the printed results
to displayed on a new window. Then I would copy the data of interest to me
(a single date - yy/yy/yyyy ). Eventually I got to thinking there must be
some way to automate this manual task using Excel or any other program.

* Is there an Excel command (or some other technique) that can take input
(stock ticker symbol) then submit this information to a specific website
then extract the results (a date - yy/yy/yyyy) then finally return same to
the excel cell ?

Appreciate any informaton or ideas on this issue

Thanks,
John.