Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default Remove period "." from cells

Hi Eric,

EditReplace
Find what: .
Replace with: (leave this blank)
Click Replace All

That should do what you ask although you do say in some cases
so you may have to select your target cells first in
order to contain the find and replace to where you want.

HTH
Martin

"Eric S." wrote in message
I have a sheet that contains long ranges of serialnumbers. In some cases,
the serial number is formatted incorrectly and then contains a period "."
The period can be found in any position in the cell, but typically appears
as the first or the last character.
I am looking for a macro to remove the period from the cell. I have found
helpful formula on this forum but I cannot / don't know how to include
that
into a macro.

The formula is
=IF(LEFT(CONCATENATE(LEFT(B2),RIGHT(B2)))=".",IF(R IGHT(CONCATENATE(LEFT(B2),RIGHT(B2)))=".",MID(B2,2 ,LEN(B2)-2),MID(B2,2,LEN(B2)-1)),IF(RIGHT(CONCATENATE(LEFT(B2),RIGHT(B2)))=".", LEFT(B2,LEN(B2)-1),B2))

thanks