Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default new user needs help

Hi Sarah

Advanced Filter, extracting the relevant rows to your invoice sheet will
achieve this.
Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for more information.
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

There is a downloadable file that you could modify.
http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Filter

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Sarah" wrote in message
Actually, upon further consideration, what I need is a formula that
will
enter the information from column A (LOT #), B (DESCRIPTION) from
STOCKLIST
to INVOICE when I enter the BIDDER # (COLUMN C) and the PRICE (COLUMN
D).
It's for an auction, and one bidder may purchase serveral lots. I
also need
the invoice to save as I enter the above information into the
stocklist. I
will manually set up invoices as each person registers, giving them a
bidder
number, and entering their personal details into an invoice.
Sarah

"Sarah" wrote:

Hi,

I have a stocklist (sheet 2) with 4 columns: A= LOT # B=DESCRIPTION
C=BIDDER
# D=PRICE, and an invoice (sheet 1) with column A=LOT # containing
this
formula: IF(A16="","",VLOOKUP(A16,STOCKLIST!$A$2:$B$501,2.0 )) so the
description comes up automatically in the invoice. Now what i want
to do is
have an invoice generated automatically when I enter the bidder
number and
price paid into their respective columns, with bidder no.5 generating
an
invoice numbered 1005. Row 1 has the invoice no, row 2 has the bidder
no. Is
this possible?

Thank you
Sarah