Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln Mark Lincoln is offline

Default Ecxel should let me setup delimiters (other than " " spaces)

I really have to proofread before clicking "Send." I'll try again....

I took "If I doubleklick "suffix1" in Excel [...]" to mean working
within a workbook.

However, single-clicking at the beginning of "suffix1" and dragging
across it will highlight only that portion of the whole. At least
in my VBA editor.

Mark Lincoln

On Jun 26, 1:32 pm, Mark Lincoln wrote:
I took "If I doubleklick "suffix1" in Excel [...]" to mean working
within a workbook.

However, by single-clicking at the beginning of "suffix1" and dragging
across it will highlight only the that portion of the whole. At least
in my VBA editor.

Mark Lincoln

On Jun 26, 1:22 pm, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"

wrote:
i have a lot of attributes to set up.
most of them only differ in another suffix: for example:

attribute1_suffix1
attribute1_suffix2
attribute1_suffix3

If I doubleklick "suffix1" in Excel the whole word "attribute1_suffix1"
is
selected. This makes it very painful to process lots of data.

suggestion: offer an option to setup delimiters like in ... UltraEdit for
example.
Delimiters like {}""$<_ and so on. not only " "

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....mspx?mid=0a3a...

Have you tried using Text to Columns with "_" as a delimiter and then
editing your data? That should yield the desired result if I
understand your problem correctly.

I got the impression this was a VBA editor question.

Rick- Hide quoted text -