Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Custom Section Numbering

Is it possible to specify a formula that creates a custom numbering
format.
For example, I want to set up a column that can do this:

1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11, etc.

I tried to do decimal addition, but that doesn't allow 1.10, 1.11, 1.12,
etc.

Is there a way to do this using the standard features of Excel, or does
someone know the formula to program this?

Could number the cells down the row with normal numbers (1,2,3,4,etc.) and
then custom format the column with this...

1\.#

and set the Horizontal Alignment to Left.

Rick