Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Auto Sum not working

Sigh! Never mind... I had forgotten to use Ctrl+Shift+Enter when entering
the formula.

What fooled me is that the formula worked fine using just a plain Enter key
when the range contained either numbers or text entries... however the plain
Enter key method of entering the formula did not survive the error
condition.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Yes, I tried it before posting and it repeated the error for its result.
Just tried it again... it still doesn't work. Using Excel 2003 on Vista
Ultimate in case that makes a difference (although I don't see how it
would).

Rick

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
You sure?

It worked fine for me.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

To SUM a range and ignore errors, use the following array formula

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A10),A1:A10))

This will return the SUM of A1:A10, ignoring error values.

Not entirely true... put =0/0 or =SQRT(-1) in one of the cells within
the
range.

Rick

--