Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Auto Sum not working

Yes, I tried it before posting and it repeated the error for its result.
Just tried it again... it still doesn't work. Using Excel 2003 on Vista
Ultimate in case that makes a difference (although I don't see how it
would).

Rick

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
You sure?

It worked fine for me.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

To SUM a range and ignore errors, use the following array formula

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A10),A1:A10))

This will return the SUM of A1:A10, ignoring error values.

Not entirely true... put =0/0 or =SQRT(-1) in one of the cells within the
range.

Rick

--

Dave Peterson