Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas Bob Umlas is offline

Default vlookup question if item isn't in table

Excel 2003 & earlier:
=IF(B64="","",IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B64,ProductLookup,8, FALSE)),"Hdwr/Sftwr",VLOOKUP(B64,ProductLookup,8,FALSE)))
in Excel 2007:
=IF(B64="","",IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B64,ProductLookup,8, FALSE)),"Hdwr/Sftwr")

"NANGO" wrote in message
How can I change a VLOOKUP formula to provide a set response if the item
being searched for in the VLOOKUP is not in the table?

I have a formula that looks up a part number entered into column B and
fills
in column F with data if the part number entered in column B is in my
table.

=IF(B64="","",VLOOKUP(B64,ProductLookup,8,FALSE))

If B64 isn't in the ProductLookup table, I want the column F to default to
Hdwr/Sftwr rather than #N/A.

Thanks,

Nancy