Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default New method for PERCENTILE & QUARTILE formulas

On Jun 25, 2:41 pm, Formula Fred
wrote:
Sorry - did not finish this query off - Using the formula below I have been
able to get close to an accurate figure for calculating interest on my
mortgage, but it is not quite right for a case where interest is calculated
daily and added monthly. Do you have a better suggestion, please?

"Formula Fred" wrote:
I am trying to find a formula that will give me really accurate compound
interest calculations, where interest is calculated daily and added monthly.
I have used A=P(1+r) to power n, where A=accumulated sum, P is principal
and r=interest rate expressed as a proportion and n is the term.
Can you help, please?

It would behoove you to post this inquiry in a new thread with an
appropriate subject. This inquiry has nothing to do with percentile
and quartile formulas.

And if/when you repost appropriately, I suggest that you include
details that explain why you think your computation is "not quite
right" -- that is, specific numbers from statements from your mortgage
company or textbook.

Of course, your formula is more than a little "not quite right" for a
mortgage problem, having little to do with whether interest is
"calculated daily and added monthly". But just how simple or complex
a formula you need depends on your refining your question. The more
specifics that you can provide, the better we can answer your question

I defer the details to the new thread that I hope you will start.