Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JakeShipley2008 JakeShipley2008 is offline

Default Unknown Sheets

I am sorry I am not very good at this macro thing. I did write one that will
pull all the active sheet names into one workbook. I don't understand how to
use those sheet names now to extract data from specific cells.
--
Jake

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

"JakeShipley2008" wrote...
To explain better, I have a macro written that imports new sheets to my
active workbook. I do not know the names of the new sheets until the files
are imported.
I want to move the data with a simple ="sheet1!A1" function howver since I
do not know the sheet name I am unsure how to do this.

Couldn't the macro that imports these worksheets also enter formulas? When
you import a worksheet, it becomes the ActiveSheet in that workbook. You
could get its name using

wksname = ActiveSheet.Name

then copy template formulas and replace the template worksheet name with the
new worksheet's name.