Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default Unknown Sheets

"JakeShipley2008" wrote...
Hi, I am trying to find out if there is a function I can use in a summary
sheet that will pull data from an unknown sheet name. In other words I
would
like to have the summary sheet in place and as I add new worksheets it will
pull data from them without having to go back and redo the formula.

Not enough details.

Do you mean pull data from a single arbitrary worksheet? If so, and if the
worksheet name were entered in a cell named Other, and you wanted to pull
the X99 value in that worksheet, try

=INDIRECT("'"&Other&"'!X99")

If you mean you want to sum the X99 values in all other worksheets among
with you'd be adding (and possibly removing) arbitrarily many, the standard
approach is to bracket your data-filled worksheets between BLANK worksheets
(I use alpha and omega as the names for the blank worksheets), then sum all
worksheets between the blank worksheets,

=SUM(alpha:omega!X99)

Just be sure to add or remove worksheets between alpha and omega.