Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gayla Gayla is offline

Default Summary Sheet - Total Multiple Sheets

I took your suggestion but still getting error - Domain Name Not Found

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

If I understand what your problem is, the solution is to start with a
leading single quote (which won't show):
'toppers@NOSPAM...

Bob Umlas

"Gayla" wrote in message
I copied your email exactly and I changed it to
but both ways it is still giving me
an
error. The way you wrote it - it tells me it has to have @ so I changed it
and it still will not work. Help?
"Toppers" wrote:

Can you send a w/book showing exact layout of data?

toppers <at NOSPAMjohntopley.fsnet.co.uk

remove NOSPAM

"Gayla" wrote:

I have a workbook with a time sheet for each team member by month.
Each
sheet contains two columns where the team member will:
Choose a Task = Column A6:A100 (multiple tasks within one sheet)
Choose a Subtask = Column B6:B100 (multiple sub-tasks within one sheet)
Columns E6:AL100 - insert labor hrs on corresponding day from row 4.

In column AN6:AN100 each task is totaled for the month for that
resource.

Now I created a summary sheet.
Column A - Every possible tasks is listed (template)
Column B - Every possible sub-task is listed (template)

I want a formula that can look at column A and column B on the same row
and
if it finds that combination of task-subtask to populate the total time
date in the corresponding column E.

I would like to break it down even further - instead of it giving me
one
total to date, to have column E:DQ represent each resource by month and
it
populate that months time for that resource for that task in the
corresponding column. Not sure if that is possible. I did insert a
First
and Last sheet tab for the tabs to include in the totals.

My timesheet names are by first name of resource - Month.
Amy-May07, Amy-June07, John-May07, John-June07, etc ...

I have looked for hours in the discussion groups and cannot seem to
find a
solution. If a macro is the answer to this, I am macro illiterate so
keep
that in mind. To just lain sum it all together, I tried SUM(IF formula
but
kept getting errors.
Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.