Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Artis Artis is offline

Default Macro Request: Fill in empty cells with previous Filled cell in column

I have a large spreadsheet that has information formatted like this:

Item Code Item Description 1 Lot Code 1 Lot Code 2
00011336 GSX RS CHEW CS 98680 200805
98798
200809

98845 200810

98902 200812
00011636 GSX RS CHEW PMT 98666 200805

98691 200806

98718 200807

98719 200807

I would like to be able to sort based on the Third and Fourth Columns,
but in order to do that I need to fill in the blank cells in Columns 1
& 2 with the data above them.

Can anyone write a macro that will fill in a blank cell on any column
selected with the data in the cell above it that is filled?

This...
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions/browse_thread/thread/96c30d4f0ec99f2/b6d7eed69fd095a7?lnk=gst&q="%3DR[-1]C"+blank+cells&rnum=9#b6d7eed69fd095a7
came close but it only is for Column D and it pastes "=R[-1]C" in the
blank cells instead of the previous filled in result.

Thanks.
Art