Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mack Neff[_2_] Mack Neff[_2_] is offline

Default Users overwriting cells with Validation set to "Lists"

List is checked and a list name was provided.
One can not type anything into the cell that is not on the list, but "Paste"
will overwrite the Validation

Mack

"Sunday88310" wrote in message
In the Allow Box did you check list, if so only an entry from list should
be
allowed
--
William<"M"

"Mack Neff" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I have produced for other people to use and so do
not maintain tight control over its application after it leaves me.

I have a number of cells that have validation set to use only "Lists" and
that works fine. The problem is that if someone "Copies" something into
one
of those cells, it overwrites the validation control and inserts whatever
the rebellious user wants to insert and the List no longer functions for
that cell.

What can I do to make the limitation tighter so they can't enter
anything -
in any way - that is not on the list?

Mack Neff