Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default related to PIE charts N BAR charts

Patterns such as Earl described are no longer available through the Excel
2007 user interface. You will have to rely on labels and shades of gray.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"manish" wrote in message

i think you didnet get my question properly .. i need the pattern in the
graph not in the text.. to distinguish the seven colors in black n white
print.

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Manish,

Select the column or slice in which you want to use a pattern.
Right-click - Format data
series (or data point, depending on your selection) - Patterns tab. In
the Area section,
click "Fill effects," then the "Pattern" tab. Select a pattern -- there
are many. You may
have to set the foreground to black and the background to white.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"manish" wrote in message
hello everyone,
i am using office 2007...
actually i have drawn some PIE charts and BAR charts with almost seven
variable each.. they are looking good in colors.. however i want the
black n
white printout .. which is not giving the clear on the percentage in
graphs..
is there any way to feed the PATTERNS in graphs for black n white
picture..
like in books we have seen those things..