Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Barbe[_2_] David Barbe[_2_] is offline

Default autoincrementing dde link

The formula is: "=kepdde|_ddedata!RS232.TunnelTron1.DW208". I want to
increment the "DW208" portion to "DW209" and on and on. Actually I am using
about 1200 various addresses. So, being about to increment them by dragging
is a really big deal. Right now, I have to remove the equals mark at the
begining, then the formula will increment. After that, I have to go down the
column and put the equal mark back at the begining.

Thanks for you help. I've been busy the past few days on another problem
and just got back to this one.

David Barbe

"Juskalux" wrote:

I'm a little confused. So you have the addresses incrementing by different
amounts in places? Or is it just that one spot?

"David Barbe" wrote:

CORRECTION: This actually returns the value of the preceding cell, +1. It
doesn't change the actual dde address referenced. For instance, my actual
data in two successive addresses is 2 and 5. Using the actual address in the
first cell I get a 2, but using the =(ref) +1 formula in the next cell
returns a 3, not the correct 5. Is there a way to have Excel evaluate the
previous formula, not the value of that formula?