Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Excel 2003 function for counting rows with two conditions.

Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:08:03 -0700 from NikkiTheNovice
:

In each row I want a column to tell me how many rows there are with the same
values in columns 10 and 11 as the current row.
Which function could I use to do this ?.
I can use the COUNTIF function to count the number of rows based on the
contents of a cell in one column but can't figure out how to base the result
on two columns.

I think you want to use SUMPRODUCT for this.

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html#new

http://OakRoadSystems.com/