Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NikkiTheNovice NikkiTheNovice is offline

Default Excel 2003 function for counting rows with two conditions.

Hi, please help !.
I have a worksheet with many rows.
In each row I have column 10 with a text value and column 11 with a text
value.
In each row I want a column to tell me how many rows there are with the same
values in columns 10 and 11 as the current row.
Which function could I use to do this ?.
I can use the COUNTIF function to count the number of rows based on the
contents of a cell in one column but can't figure out how to base the result
on two columns.
This is Excel 2003 running on windows vista.
Thanks in advance for your help.