Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Creating a formula that references the last value of a column

conny

=MATCH(10^10,A:A) to get the last number in a column

=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),B:B) to get the last non-number in a column

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<""),A1:A65535) to get either number or text

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:01:02 -0700, conny
wrote:

Hey,
I was wondering if there was any way to create a formula that references the
last cell with a value in a column. This excel worksheet we have is updated
with a new value for the 2007 column every week, therefore we are just copy
and pasting our simple formulas one cell down each week. I was wondering if
there was any way to set a formula up that would just take the last cell that
has an entry in it and then start our formulas with that reference point. If
you need further clarification, just write back. Thanks.