Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot table dynamic Filter

To make it easy to filter for a date range, you could add a column to
the source data, e.g. ShowDate. In that column, use a calculation to
test if the date is in the range between the start and end dates that
you've entered in cells on the worksheet. Add the ShowDate field to the
pivot table's page area, and select TRUE from the dropdown list.

After you changes the date range, refresh the pivot table (manually or
programmatically, to show items in the new date range.

Avinash wrote:
I want to generate a Pivot table based on some filters. e.g. my data contains
project start and end dates in two columns. i have close to 100 projects in
my data.

Now if I generate the pivot for whole data, I see all the projects. I want
to filter the projects for which either of start or end date is between two
given dates (user entered).

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures