Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Sibbs[_2_] Andy Sibbs[_2_] is offline

Default sum of a column

Top class, works a treat. Thank you

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Anticipate the missing data.

Instead of a formula like:

=C4-C3

use

=IF(C4="","",C4-C3)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200732

"Andy Sibbs" wrote:

Hi guys, I am in need of a wee hand.

I have 2 columns, C & D.

C is a weekly column where an amount is placed for example 150.

D is the difference between each week. i.e C3 and C4 , C4 and C5 and so on.

Above these two colums is a merged cell of C & D giving me the sum of the
total loss of Column D

What the problem is that because next week for example has no data in Col C,
Col D gives me the difference between this week and next week of 150 instead
of 0 because there is no data for next week.

Can some one tell me how to overcome this wee snag?

Cheers in advance guys