Arvi Laanemets

Hi

"peopleschampion" wrote in
message ...
Thank you for both rapid responses. I think I may be being a bit dim but

on the basis that a
formula can contain 7 nested if statements and I have used only 2 in both

my formulas I still
can't follow why formula one is incorrect.

You must put nested IF's into formula as one of existing 3 arguments, not as
additional ones. I.e. like this:
=IF(condition1,Value1,IF(condition2,Value2,IF(cond ition2,Value3,Value4)))
Here the first argument is condition1, the second argument is condition2,
and third one is a formula
IF(condition2,Value2,IF(condition2,Value3,Value4)) , etc.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets