Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

Default Links work in one workbook, not in another

in your second workbook, what do you get with =F4=D4?
depending on how they are generated, they might not really be identical
Are they text or numeric?

"Clayman" wrote:

I'm using the following formula in two different workbooks:

=IF(F4=1,VLOOKUP(D4,'S:\payroll folder\[vacation
info.xls]Summary'!$B$3:$F$110,5,FALSE),VLOOKUP(D4,'S:\payro ll folder\[more
vacation info.xls]Summary'!$B$4:$F$103,5,FALSE))

It is entered exactly the same way in both workbooks, but only works from
one. Note: For security reasons I changed the name of the folder and .xls
file.

In the second workbook, I get an #N/A error. In both workbooks, F4=1 and
D4=173010. The "vacation info" sheets are sorted by employee number (D4).

Any ideas?
--
Adios,
Clay Harryman