Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Calculating a future date

You're welcome <vbg.

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

Thanks

Peo

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I don't think so.

The worksheet functions have been incorporated into excel proper. The
data
analysis tools are still part of the analysis toolpak.

At least that was the way I read this:
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...06/743902.aspx

Unlike Solver, we have done some major work with the ATP this release to
move
the formulas that have been part of it in previous versions of Excel into
the
core Excel calculation engine, but the functionality available through the
Data
tab has remained the same (again, with updates for increased limits).

And in my simple tests, =workday() will still work if the Analysis tookpak
isn't
loaded.

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

It is still part of the ATP in 2007, the only difference is that it get's
installed. You can still remove it I believe?

Peo Sjoblom

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Just a typo:
=WORKDAY,A1,45,Holiday)
should be:
=WORKDAY(A1,45,Holiday)

And in xl2007, it's built into excel--not part of the analysis toolpak
<vbg.

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

Add 45 days

assume the date is in A1

=A1+45

if you want business days

=WORKDAY,A1,45,Holiday)

where Holiday is a range of cells with public holidays

Note that the latter is part of the Analysis ToolPak and needs to be
installed if it is not installed when Excel is installed (it is not
installed using default settings)

However it comes with Excel but you need the Office/Excel CD

Peo Sjoblom

"ClamBarLover" wrote in
message
How can we calculate a future date? For instance we need to
calculate
45
days
from a date for a follow up in billing. So we need to determine the
new
date.
We can't figure out how to do this? Can you help? Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson