Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Calculating Time from Speed and Distance?

=0.2625/24

Format cell as h:mm

"John" wrote:

I am trying to calculate the time expressed in hours and minutes based
on the average speed and distance travelled, but I'm having trouble
getting it to display correctly as e.g. 00:16 for 16 minutes.

For example I might have 16.8 as the miles travelled in cell A2 and 64
as the average Mph in cell B2. In cell C2 I have =A2/B2 which gives
0.2625. So I am trying to convert that decimal to h:mm. It should come
out something like 00:16. If anyone has any ideas on that I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks for your help

John