Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Count only on visually populated cells

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(E10:F42<""))

Biff

"Neall" wrote in message
I have expressions pulling data from worksheet 2 to worksheet one only if
the
data meets special criteria, however each cell has the expression (many OR
statements specific to each client), now on sheet 1 I am trying to do a
"COUNTA" to count the populated cells, however its picking up the or
statements even though not visable and counting them as well.

How can I perform a count on an area of cells and only get a results of
visually populated information

EX: =COUNTA(E10:F42) is counting an area and returning 65 cells, however
only 40 cells are visually populated, so I only want the count to return
40.

Thanks in advance

--
Neall