Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve_n_KC Steve_n_KC is offline

Default Repost of VBA Code/Lookup question

You guys are incredible!...You know better than I do what I want to do! =)
But I have a problem still.

I took the example code you gave me and adapted it to my "live" application
and...

Works GREAT in a blank workbook that I made with identical sheet names but
when I use it in my "live" application it returns #N/A with Value Not
Available Error as the highlighted message???? Any Ideas?

I need to copy this into 12 different sheets in 21 different workbooks-all
created from the same original so I will have same problem through out!

My formula:
=OFFSET('Skills Matrix'!$C$1,ROW('Skills Matrix'!C4:N4)-1,MATCH($B$5,'Skills
Matrix'!$C$1:$N$1,0)-1)

I've looked at Data Validation, Text orientation, Merged Cells, Cell
Referencing, Cell Formatting (all set to general) No Change in results???

Ideas?

Thanks Again for the direction toward a formula and away from coding it into
my macro...still need the macro but that will be much more "generic" now and
that was my original goal!
--
THANKS!

Steve

"bj" wrote:

Do you really want a macro to do it?
an equation such as
in B1 enter =offset('Sheet2"!$A$1,row(),match($A$1,'Sheet2'!$A $1:$P$1,0)-1)

"Steve_n_KC" wrote:

Sorry if this is showing twice, I could see my question last week but now I
can't find it anywhere???

I am trying to do this:
Value of A1 on sheet 1 will match the value of either D1,E1,F1...P1 of sheet 2
Assuming it matches E1, I want to copy E2:E52 of sheet 2 over to B1:B51 of
sheet 1

I don't think it matters but in case it does, the value that will be in A1
is actually {='sheet 3'!B3} and in my example above E1 would also be {='sheet
3'!B3}

So I should always have an exclusive, exact match but I can't get the
wording right. Can I even do this? If I have to I can replace my A1 and
D-P1's with text but I would rather not so that I can add duplicate sheets to
the Workbook (Values of D1 through P1 each has a ws of same name) with
minimal or no editing of the macro.

Please HELP!?!?
--
THANKS!