Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Need a pop up solution!

I tried this with success but may not apply for you.

Downloaded JE McGimpsey's lookuppics workbook from

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

Use the camera tool to take dynamic pictures of ranges then John's sheet code
and a DV dropdown to pop-up the various pictures, which remain dynamic, not
static.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:50:30 -0700, wrote:

On Jun 19, 10:21 pm, "Héctor Miguel"
wrote:
hi, MP !

... next to my charts, I have data tables displayed from other tabs via the Camera tool
... the data is in dynamic ranges that change daily (e.g. display last 30 days sales, etc.)
... boss hates the data being displayed by the chart, and want them in another place
... what I really would like to do is click or hover to display the data table
... limited in that macros won't do, since my boss hates to see the enable macro box come up.
... what I thought I'd do is put the camera tool objects into cell comments. Well, that doesn't work.
Does anyone have any other great ideas?

[it's only *wild-ideas*, but]...
i think you could define a [dynamic] name using desref(...) and others...
and *assign* that name [in the formula bar] to your pasted image [with camera tool]

sorry if i can not be more accurated, but i can't *see* from, where and what [tabs/ranges/rows/columns/...]
so... if any doubts [or further information]... would you please comment ?

regards,
hector.

Thanks, Hector. Actually, the cells I used the camera tool to create a
display are dependent on a dynamic range. Still, it won't let me put
that into a cell comment. I can do it if I create a static picture
from the range, but I need the live update capability of the camera
tool. Does that help?