Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JVANWORTH JVANWORTH is offline

Default Functions Expert...four (4) different colors if a specific con

Thanks.......I'll give it a go

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a tip:

If you have an event macro like this that formats a cell *NEVER* select the
entire sheet and then click the "clear formats" button on your toolbar (if
you have that button on one of your toolbars). You will regret it!

Biff

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Select the sheet where you want this to happen.
Right click on the sheet tab
Select View Code
This will open the VBE
Paste the code into the right side of the window that opens
ALT+Q to close the VBE and return to Excel

Biff

"JVANWORTH" wrote in message
Mike H,

I'm sure this works, but my ability is limited in where to put. How do I
insert this into the work sheet. I need direction in order to execute.

"Mike H" wrote:

try this:-

If Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) _
Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Select Case Target.Value
Case "A" To "E"
icolor = 3
Case "F" To "J"
icolor = 41
Case "K" To "O"
icolor = 4
Case "P" To "T"
icolor = 6
Case Else
End Select
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = icolor
End Sub

"JVANWORTH" wrote:

I need a cell to change into four (4) different colors if a specific
condition is met. For example if A1 matches a text value "A thru E" I
need
"red", if it's a "F thru J" then "blue", "K thru O" then "green", "P
thru T"
then yellow.

I'm struggling with the set up of this requirement.