Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan Susan is offline

Default "manual page breaks error"

am searching newsgroups for ideas..............
try this:

Does it help if you switch off Tools / Options / View / Page Breaks
(do this before you try to open that file.... perhaps with just a
blank document)

do you get an error number with that message? something more concrete
i could search for? not getting anywhere with "open file page break
error"
:\
susan

On Jun 20, 1:59 pm, Dee wrote:
I am getting an error message when I try to open my excell file saying "this
action exceeds the number of page breaks you can manually add to a worksheet.
A worksheet can contain up to 1026 horizontal page breaks. This is a file
that was developed in 2004 and has been set to calculate personnel salaries
and the contract period is entered. The file is very large, but most of the
pages do not have data in them yet. I have approximately 890 lines of data
in the worksheet, but the sheet is continuous to over 6,000 lines.