Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan Susan is offline

Default "manual page breaks error"

it's possible you can open it in safe mode:
******************************
The following article says Safe mode is the Ctrl Key.

<Copy
In Excel 2002 and later, to start Excel in Safe Mode, hold down the
CTRL key
while you start Excel. You will receive the following message:

Excel has detected that you are holding down the CTRL key. Do you want
start Excel in safe mode?
<...end of copy

HOW TO: Prevent Excel from Automatically Opening Files in the Startup
Folder
in Excel 2003
but i'm not sure if it will help your situation.
do you have a backup of the last one that worked???
hth
susan

On Jun 20, 1:59 pm, Dee wrote:
I am getting an error message when I try to open my excell file saying "this
action exceeds the number of page breaks you can manually add to a worksheet.
A worksheet can contain up to 1026 horizontal page breaks. This is a file
that was developed in 2004 and has been set to calculate personnel salaries
and the contract period is entered. The file is very large, but most of the
pages do not have data in them yet. I have approximately 890 lines of data
in the worksheet, but the sheet is continuous to over 6,000 lines.