Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
newguy newguy is offline

Default Sharing my macros that I have saved in Personal.xls

If you go into the VBE (Tools, Macro, Visual Basic Editor), you'll see your
macros listed on the left hand column of the screen. If you right-click on
them, there is an option to export the file. Click on that, select your
destination and click export.

Open the workbook you want to use the macro in and go back to the VBE. Go to
File and select Import File. Then your macros should be shared.

Note that if your macro refers to a specific workbook, it may not work.

"Jugglertwo" wrote:

I would like to share some macros with my co-workers. Presently, I have
several that I have saved in the Personal.xls workbook.
1) What is the best way to share these macros with them?
2) I know that the Personal.xls workbook is saved in the XLSTART folder. Do
I just send them a copy of this workbook as an attachment and have them put
this file in their XLSTART folder?
3) Am I asking for trouble if I attend to share macros at work?
Any info and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !
Jugglertwo