Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PAssword protected file will not open

Have you looked at the file properties, using Windows Explorer? Is the
read-only attribute set?
--
David Biddulph

"jetta878" wrote in message
Hi all.

I have an excel 2003 document that cannot seem to open. I know the
password
is right but when I put the password in, I get a message that says:

''Divers.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read only, or you may be
trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is
stored
on may not be responding'

I'm trying to open the file from a USB drive, but I get the same error
even
if I copy it to the desktop and try to open it. There are other password
protected .xls files on the drive and they open fine. Please help.