Jon Peltier

Herbert and others -

Excel supports jpg, gif, png, and tif. I recall mixed results with bmp, but you
don't need it if you have gif and png. Avoid jpg, which is not optimized for this
kind of graphic.

Excel does not support ai or eps. I have been hunting for an eps export solution,
and the best I can find (which I haven't tested) is to install a postscript printer
driver, locate the chart on its own chart sheet, adjust the margins so the chart is
the right size (the margins may be 3" on the sides and 2.5" top and bottom), and
print the chart sheet to a file using this driver. This produces a ps file, but it's
apparently interchangeable (or mostly so) with eps.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Herbert Chan wrote:

I think Excel only supports exports to jpg and gif.

"crossingmind" ¦b¶l¥ó
oups.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Sub ExportChartAI()
ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.ai", _
FilterName:="ai"
End Sub

Hi Don, thanks for your reply. I tried this code, but it kept telling
me

ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.ai", _
FilterName:="ai"

needs debug. Could you help take a look? Thank you again!