Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default can you tell excel to ignore #### cells when calculating

### is also Excel's way of showing negative dates or times if it can't
display them, so it may be sensible to trap for that condition in the
calculation..
--
David Biddulph

"Toppers" wrote in message
I haven't got XL2007 (AVERAGEIF I believe is an XL2007 function) but ### in
cell normally indicates the cell is too small (not wide enough) to display
the result; what happens in you widen the column ... is there an error
like
#N/A?

"Mark" wrote:

Using 'AVERAGEIF' to calculate a monthly occurrance to return a numerical
value sometimes returns ### if the event has not happened. When I then
calculate for the complete year this also returns ###. I do not want to
keep
trawling thro the spreadsheet to remove the cells which have returned
###.
Is there a way to tell excel to ignore ### cells?