Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
h20polo h20polo is offline

Default conditional formatting for entire row

Thanks David--I did and it works pretty well. The only thing is that it for
the most part only highlights the first letter of every column in the row. If
I use the AutoFill option for a name that I've entered in more than once,
then it highlights the entire word. Can I fix this?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Yes. Instead of using "Cell value is", use "Formula is"
=$Z1="R"
Note the absolute addressing for the column, and relative addressing for the
row.
--
David Biddulph

"h20polo" wrote in message

If, in column Z, there is a letter "R," is there a way to highlight that
entire row, not just the cell with the letter "R"?

Thanks.