Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith Fred Smith is offline

Default return TRUE if a date falls between two dates

One way:

=if(and(a5a2,a5<b2),true,false)

Fred

"christine b" wrote in message
I am looking for an "IF" statement to send back "T" or "F" (true/false), if
the date entered falls between two dates from a list, for all 5 rows...

The date entered, lets say in A5, of the "Sched" worksheet.

On the "Dates" worksheet, Column A are starting dates, Column B are end
dates. The cells are (group reference??) labelled "StartD" and "EndD".

A B Examples
11/01/07 28/01/07 Daycare
04/02/07 19/03/07 Community Service
28/03/07 09/05/07 Intern

Eventually, the true/false will be used for 3 other conditional formats and
calculations. I've tried VLOOKUP but can't figure my way around it. Any
help you can provide would be appreciated!