Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Nonsequitur question

Just my opinion....

Many times I'll just "quote" a specific piece of the text that I want to
directly address but I leave the entire original message. Like this:

Is there a reason I should leave that text in?

Leaving the previous text makes it easier to follow the flow of the thread
especially if it grows into a long thread with many replies. (provided all
respondents post in the same direction, all top post or all bottom post.)

It can really mess up the flow if you top post and then someone bottom posts
to your reply.

Biff

"justme" wrote in message
Sorry for posting here, but I don't know where to ask this.

I have no idea how people view newsgroups other than the way I do, using
the
microsoft website with a regular browser.

Whenever I respond to a post, I always delete the previous response text,
so
as to make the thread webpage shorter. Is there a reason I should leave
that
text in? For instance, does a real newsgroup application not show previous
posts by default? I read the newsgroup faq, but it just says you can
delete
the previous text "if you want to". I just want to know what the
etiquette
is.

Thanks.