Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default lock cell based on a condition

If you know another way...I'm all ears....

Let me explain the form a little more.....
There are two types of #'s that will be input into column A: 07-XXX or E-XXX
(X being a number)....If the job begins with 07-XXX then I need column H open
for filling and column K locked.....if the job begins with E-XXX then I need
Column H blocked and column K open

I used the formula to give me an easy indicator for my conditional formula
to turn the columns that should be blocked dark gray.

Does that make sense?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Do we need the Calculate event??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200731

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Note that Amanda wants the trigger to be a calculated value of "x"

Operative word being "calculated" from formulas.

Change_Event won't do that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:01:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

I am pretty sure the problem is text wrapping in the post. For example:

AlllowFormattingRows is really one line with the one below it.

If you are still having trouble, tomorrow I will re-post a much more
"copy/paste"-able version.