Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Excel adds a "1" to filenames opened from desktop shortcut

If it is a template file then it is by design, try to save it as *.xls and
put a shortcut to the new file instead of the *.xlt

That's my take on it

Peo Sjoblom

"skibeaux" wrote in message
After opening the Excel file from the desktop shortcut and making changes
want to save, I have to backspace over the "1", then do a Save As and
navigate to where the file is stored then overwrite to file I originally
opened.

Word and other shortcuts are not affected.

What setting should change to stop this from occuring.