Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mawaller Mawaller is offline

Default How to stop IRR calculation at a particular year...

That sounds pretty close to what I want to do but each calculation will have
to start with the initial investment which will be the first cell used. It
will then progress down a column until it reaches the final year which is
provided on another worksheet. My issue is that Excel continues to calculate
to the 50th year because I don't know how to tell it to stop where I want it
to.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

You should be able to do what you want with the Offset function. For example,
=irr(offset(b1:b50,30,0)) will do an IRR on the range B31:B50. 30 could be in a
cell rather than hard coded into the formula.

Fred

"Mawaller" wrote in message
Hello all!! Hopefully this will be an easy one. I have a sheet to calculate
IRR. The sheet holds 50 years of information. The workbook I'm using will
rarely require all 50 years worth of information. Is there a way to tell
Excel, depending on the value of another cell, to stop the IRR calculation on
a particular year? The sheet automatically calculates all 50 years. But most
of the time we just need 10 or 20 years included in the calculation. Any help
will be greatly appreciated.