Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
WLMPilot WLMPilot is offline

Default Pie Chart

I am trying to learn how to do a pie chart. I used the Chart Wizard, but not
getting the data I want. I have a statistical page that gathers data from
another worksheet regarding paychecks. Below is a general layout:

Payck1 Payck2 Payck3
Reg Pay
OT Pay
Vacation
TOTAL GROSS
Fed Tax
State Tax
TOTAL TAX

With this layout, I can total each section for each paycheck AND total each
row, ie TOTAL FEDERAL TAXES. I want to chart the percentage of each row, IE
% Fed Tax, % State Tax, etc in a pie chart. NOTE that on the row that there
is "TOTAL", there is also a TOTAL percentage of that section, ie % of TOTAL
TAXES.

The problem is chart wizard will indicate an entire column as the data,
which will include the totals. I don't want the totals included in the pie
chart, just the individual row (item). How do I tell chart wizard to
overlook the row that has the totals?

Thanks,
Les