Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan Alan is offline

Default Excel 2007, Vista - losing printers

I am running Office 2007 on Vista. When I run Excel 2007 and try to print a
sheet, I am told no printers are installed even though I have previously
installed a local USB printer and three server printers. When I go to the
control panel and try to add a printer, I get a message saying Windows can't
add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart
the spooler or restart the machine" So, I restart the computer and then the
printers can be added or sometimes appear - by magic? Next day, I switch on
my machine,open Excel and try to print a sheet I am back where I started and
have to go through the whole restart process to print. This is not exactly a
great leap forward. can anyone advise me what is happening and how I can fix
it? This does not happen in Word.Thanks.
--
Alan