Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Calculating Time Worked in Timesheet

Will any times span past midnight?

Based on your sample:

=(lunch_out - time_in + time_out - lunch_in) * 24

=(B2-A2+D2-C2)*24

Format as GENERAL or NUMBER

Biff

"Studebaker" wrote in message
I have to maintain a timesheet and I need a function to do the math for me.
My spreadsheet looks like this basically:

A B C D
Time in Out for Lunch In from Lunch Time Out
Total
Hours Worked

7:00am 11:00am 12:00pm 5:30pm
9.50

What formula can I put in column E that would:
a) show my 10 1/2 hours of work (from 7 to 5:30) minus my 1 hour of lunch
equal 9 1/2 hours worked total?

b) show the Total Hours Worked in column E on a scale of 0 to 100 where
9.5
will = 9 1/2 hours worked (aka 9 hours and 30 minutes) or 9.25 will = 9
1/4
hours worked (aka 9 hours and 15 minutes)? I don't want 9:30 to display in
column E where 9:30 means 9 hours and 30 minutes worked.

Thank you for your help.