Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Excell dragging formula to change sheet/tab not column/row

Try it like this:

=INDIRECT(TEXT(ROWS($1:1),"000")&"!I46")

Biff

"MG" wrote in message
I'm orgainizing a excel spreadsheet in which I have many sheets/tabs in.
I'm
trying to put a formula in on my main page where I can get the data from
many
different sheets while keeping my column and row constant on each page.
I'm
trying to do this so I can drag this down and it will automatically switch
pages and while keeping column and row constant. Example, my main
tab/sheet
is labeled "TODAY" and I want to put information from many different
tabs/sheets in column "I" on the main page. Right now I've got the formula
='001'!$l$46...and when I drag it down I want it to pick up sheet
'002'!$l$46
for the next line, '003'!$l$46 for the line after...etc. Is there anyway I
can do that?? If you could help me out I'd greatly appreciate.