Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Sumif

Hi Arlene,

Not seeing your formula as you have actually typed it makes it more
difficult but dates and sumif are handled as below:-

=SUMIF(A1:A5,"<="&DATE(2004,4,2),B1:B5)

You can't simply enter a date as criteria.

Mike

"Arlene" wrote:

I have checked and can't find anyone nesting sumif's by date and other
criteria.

I have 5 columns that list (Production) a piece of equipment (multiples),
the date(more multiples) for the same piece of equipment and then the
quantity the equipment did. There could be 12 times the equipment is
mentioned for a single day. I need to sum the quantity the piece of
equipment did by the date. I have tried
sumif(Production!A:A(date)=Summary!B1(specific
date),sumif(Production!B:B=Summary!c1(equipment
code),Production!C:C(quantity))) doesn't seem to like the nested if's. What
else can I do? Thanks