Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Combining a regular bar chart and stacked bar chart

The first link on this page gives an example of the data arrangement you
need to achieve this visual effect:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Marshall" wrote in message
Hi, I have 2 y-axis data series and years for the x-axis. For each year I
have side-by-side bars for the 2 different data series. For one specific
year, I would like to have stacked bars. I want to combine data from the
first half of the year and the second half of the year to create one bar
for
each data series, with the 2 portions of the data making up each bar as a
different colors. Is this possible? Please help me ASAP as this is for a
publication at work. Thanks.