Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default What is a crosswalk table

My understanding of a crosswalk table is that it is a kind of cross-reference
table. You have a known piece of information that you look up in a column
and a related piece of information in another column is what you really want.

For example, maybe you need to know what general grouping you fall into for
some application based on your actual age. Actual ages would be listed in
one column and the general category (child, youth, adult, senior, etc) would
be listed in another column.

Or you know a title and need to find out the course number for some school
class (this on could work either way).

This structure lends itself to the VLOOKUP() function in Excel very well!

"Knum" wrote:

I'm hoping someone could tell me what a crosswalk table is.