Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default $ - 0.00 nevgative zero

i reformated all my cells to 30 decimal places and the numbers look correct
and look as follows:
-400.000000000000000000000000000000
-923.450000000000000000000000000000
60.000000000000000000000000000000
36.000000000000000000000000000000
44.000000000000000000000000000000
283.180000000000000000000000000000
36.000000000000000000000000000000
36.000000000000000000000000000000
200.000000000000000000000000000000
145.100000000000000000000000000000
127.350000000000000000000000000000
35.500000000000000000000000000000
30.600000000000000000000000000000
162.600000000000000000000000000000
106.320000000000000000000000000000
20.800000000000000000000000000000
my beginning balance reads: 0.000000000000000000000000000000
but my ending balance is: 0.000000000000074606987254810500
i still don't understand if all this reads as above then how can there be
rounding error.

I don't have an answer to **why** it is happening, but that ending balance
looks like it's a Single data type rather than a Double data type. When a
Single is coerced to a Double, the extra precision required by the Double is
just junk (I think the Double inherits the Single's value plus whatever is
in the "extra" bit locations taken over for storing the Double that is was
not supplied by the Single). Do you have an macros running as part of this
calculation?

Rick