Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Clayman Clayman is offline

Default File corrupts when saving under a different name - xl2000

Thank you, Francois.

That's true. And, I can go and recover the data from 06-10-07.xls. But the
data that was entered in 06-17-07.xls is unrecoverable - as far as I can
tell. This sheet was created in 2003, and has been renamed and saved with new
data for four years. I'm trying to figure out why it corrupts every now and
again, forcing us to go back and re-enter the data into an older sheet then
saving it with a new name..
--
Adios,
Clay Harryman

"Francois via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Clayman wrote:
I have users that are opening a file every week and saving it under a new
name (ie: sheet-06-03-07.xls, sheet-06-10-07.xls ...) The file has recently
become corrupt. A friend suggested that it may be the saving and re-saving of
the same sheet over and over that corrupted it. Is this a possibility?

I doubt it,

If you save an existing file under a new name, then you have added a new file.
..you haven't renamed the same file.